Today Is The Day ! ! !
Happy 3rd Birthday
Pink Saturday ! ! !
Today each link you visit will be celebrating the 3rd birthday of Pink Saturday.
I can hardly believe it has been three years.
And, it is each and every one of you that has made Pink Saturday what it is.
Have I told you all lately that
I love you?
Today we have
A Pink Giveaway
- Jasmine Reed Infusor
- Strawberry Jam Cookies
- Leaf-Shaped Dish
- Handmade Bracelet
- Cup and Saucer
- $50.00 Home Goods Gift Card
- My Favorite Gingerbread Biscotti
- Believe Plaque and Easel
- Oven Mitt and Potholder
- Pink Lemonade Mix
From me to you.
Because I love you
because I want to say
Just leave a comment on this post.
Deadline to comment is
midnight Wednesday, June 1st.
Winner will be announced
next Pink Saturday,
Welcome to Pink Saturday's 3rd Birthday Celebration.
I hope you link and join in the fun. Please join us by linking your Pink Saturday post permalink using the linking tool provided at the bottom of this post. Linking begins at 3 p.m. EST Friday and continues until midnight Sunday night. So, join in the party by linking and showing us your Pink. Be certain to link using your pink post permalink. Please remember to include a link back to my blog within your post so that your visitors will be able to visit here.
Please take the time to visit other participants, and leave a comment to let them know you stopped by to enjoy their pink. Pink Saturday is about having fun, and giving us a chance to meet others in the blogging community. I promise you it is worth the effort because you will not only see lots of pink, you will meet incredibly nice and talented people.
Link #213 is my sweet son.
He posts a link every year
to wish me
Happy Pink Saturday Birthday.
I hope you will go by and tell him hello.
I want to thank those of you that take the time to leave me a comment.
I love reading what you all have to say.
Today for Pink Saturday I offered
to answer any questions you might have.
I was asked the following questions:
- Pat at Mille Fiori Favoriti asks:
"What has been your favorite Pink Saturday post that you have written?"
This is one I had to give some thought because I always feel like my Pink Saturday posts are lacking. Between working full time and preparing for Pink Saturday each week, I usually feel as though I am barely squeaking through.
I believe one of my favorite posts was when I first started sharing something pink each Saturday. This post was about a very special little box that my husband and I purchased many years ago. Here is This May Come As A Big Surprise ... if you would like to read it.
- Dana at The Stone Rabbit asks:
"Besides being with your dear family any chance you get ....what is the number one thing you like to do above ALL ELSE!!!!!!!"
Another hard question for me because there are so many things I like to do, but I tried to think about something I value most. I really thrive on what I refer to as my quiet time. I am a thinker and lover of peace. I really thrive on spending time alone to stay in touch with God and try to understand my purpose in life. Every day I make a point of going somewhere quiet where I can listen to the message and what it is telling me. So, that is my favorite thing to do because without it I am not at my best.
- Angi at Southwest Cottage Designs asks:
"What was your best way to acquire a large following?"
This question really made me smile. I don't know that I think I have a large following. What I do think has a large following is Pink Saturday. And, I don't think of Pink Saturday as being about me. I think it is what it is because of every one that has ever participated. Pink Saturday has the nicest, kindest and most giving people participate. Everyone shares something special. They offer friendship, love and compassion for each other.
- Nancy at My Crafty Little Page asks:
"Do you do your own yard work? Love your yard and wonder if you have hired help???
Oh my goodness. This question made me laugh aloud. I could hardly wait to share this with my sweet husband. He said to tell you that he is the hired help - and that he is well paid. My husband loves to work in the yard. I think it might be because he grew up on a farm. He really gets in touch with dirt, grass, plants, etc. I, on the other hand, am a city girl. I love all of the beauty, and I am the author of our never ending honey do list. He thinks I never run out of ideas, and I think he is absolutely correct.
Thank God for wonderful husbands.♥
- Claudia at Dipity Road asks:
"How is your life changed because of all the wonderful friends you have made on line? AND - does anyone ever say to you.!!these aren't REAL friends? and if so how do you respond?
You are so right. I have made so many wonderful friends through blogging. They have made me a better person by sharing their worlds, their hearts and their love. Every one demonstrates that our world is really not a very big place. We all share the need to love and be loved.
Occasionally, when I mention someone, people might ask if that is one of my on-line friends. Dear friends speak to your heart whether they are on-line or in person. And, you all speak to my heart.
- And, last but defintely not least, Stephanie at Queen of Dreamsz asks:
"I know you collect different things in your home..you've shared a lot of them...so my question is what is the largest collection you have and what is it?"
The real collector spirit in our home is my mother. She lives with us, and she always decorated her home with little and sometimes quite large collections. When she had her own home, she had a collection of something in almost every room. At various times, she collected character dolls, pink Capodimonte roses, antique figurines, roosters and pigs, Royal Doulton Toby mugs, walking canes, children's toys, swan figures and Santas, Santas, Santas. By miles and miles, her largest collection was Santas.
When we moved and began living together, all of her collections came along. Over the years, out of sheer need, we have begun to whiddle down some of her collections. Some have been shared with family and special friends and some have been sold. We still have some of the things most special. We still have a few roosters, quite a few Santas and various items featuring pink roses. We still have many, many, many things that we need to sell. I am an only child, and I have an only child that doesn't want to have to deal with all of it when the time comes.
Now, to finally answer sweet Stephanie's question, I did have a few collections of my own. I used to collect Madame Alexander dolls and pieces of china and porcelain featuring portraits. We have been living here twenty-one years, and my poor Madame Alexander dolls have never been unpacked because I don't have a place for them to live. My portrait pieces are displayed in an antique oak side-by-side in our bedroom. Today the only things I actively collect are pieces to complete something I already have - like dishes. Oh, and I do purchase a sweetgrass basket every time I visit Charleston, South Carolina. And, I do purchase one new Christopher Radko Santa ornament for our tree every year.
Here are a few things you may or many not know about me.
- I am a Beverly - not a Bev. Always have been and always will be. None of my family or friends ever call me Bev.
- My favorite color is yellow. I love soft and buttery yellows. Yellow has been my favorite color since I was a child.
- I love to read. My preferences have always been non-fiction, historical fiction and classics, but I have learned to enjoy many Southern authors.
- My husband and I both enjoy researching our family genealogy. This is something I started at the very young age of eight. I am so glad I became interested at such an early age while I still had living family members to share so much information and many interesting stories.
- I am not much of a television watcher. I do watch a few things with my husband, and my best friend, Jeanne at Backyard Neighbor, has dragged me into watching American Idol and Dancing With The Stars. I record them so I can watch only the parts that interest me.
- I am fifty-eight years old.
- I have the world's most wonderful husband. We have been married almost forty-one years.
- I have one incredible son who has one incredible son (my wonderful grandson).
- I was blessed with wonderful parents. My mother lives with us, and she is still beautiful at almost eighty-three years of age.
- I was raised to know the comfort and blessings of God. And, I am the recipient of His presence in my life daily.
- I spent most of my life living in Florida - mainly Fort Lauderdale. We moved to North Carolina twenty-one years ago, and I do love living here. But, in my heart, Florida will always be home.
Sweet Karen at A Scrapbook of Inspiration
made this wonderful button
for Pink Saturday's 3rd Birthday.
Please take it to share on your blog
so everyone will know
Pink Saturday Birthday
is the place to be.